Friday, August 10, 2012

Zonaria Interview


1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with  the band these days?
    We have just released our new album The Arrival of the Red Sun and    we are soon to release a new video from one of the songs of this    album.





2. How would you describe the musical sound of the  new album and how it differs from previous recordings?
    I would say that this record is more well made than the other two.    We put alot more time into this record and we also focused on making    more variations than in previous albums. This of course led us to    make a better and more unique album than our previous ones.





3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects  the band explores with the new release?
    As before our lyrics are post-apocalyptic in it's nature. Though I    wouldn't say that it would be impossible to relate them to the    modern world either. That is kind of the point to make lyrics that    capture the listeners imagination even though the subject itself    isn't that easy to relate to.





4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the  bands name?
    I myself wasn't in the band when they chose the name. What I know is    that it is a latin word for describing something coulorfull. It's    often used in the context of describing birds or insects.


 5. What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and how would you describe your stage performance?
    I guess that I haven't been playing on the bands best shows yet.    Though we had a fantastic show last time we were in Cardiff, but    it's realy hard to say. Many cities can offer you a awesome show. I    would say that it's theatrical and dark. That is kind of the point    at least.





6. Do you have any touring plans for the new release?
    We have might have some plans ongoing ut nothing that is offical    yet.




 7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to  your newer material by the extreme metal fans that have                heard it so far?
    It has been great. We have gotten alot of great reviews and    likeness. Also I myself have noticed our fanbase growing quite alot    since the release.





8. Are there any current side projects besides this band or is this a full time line up?
    The other members don't have any other bands they are active in but    I have one. A band called Folkmord, it's swedish for genocide. It's    a bit diffrent from the Zonaria sound but if you're into metal you    might like it.





9. What direction do you see your music heading into  on future releases?
    The future is quite unsure though we have started a bit of the    writings of new songs. But I can't say that we can know now how it's    going to sound. Very Zonarian as usual I guess.





10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you                listening to nowadays?
    We are all of us listening to music all over the place. But our main    insperations remains the same as before.





11. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
    Well I can't say that I have time for more then music. But I guess    playing minecraft is something I realy do like.





12. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up  this interview?
    Not much but I would like to say to our fans out there to keep your    eyes open for our new video. It's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment