Saturday, July 19, 2014

Fight The Demiurge Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Well, Fight The Demiurge is a Brutal Death Metal project of mine, in which I currently handle every aspect.
2.So far full length, demo, ep and and a split, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recordings and also how has the music progressed over the years?
The new record, The War at The Edge of Existence, is a pure BDM record. Past attempts have either been poorly written slam, or just poorly written death metal. I think with TWATEOE I've finally hit my stride as a musician and a song writer.
3.According to the metal archives page the band was more in a desthcore/stoner/groove metal direction what was the decision behind going into a more brutal death metal direction?
I prefer BDM to deathcore. It was supposed to be a deathcore band back when other people were involved.
4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?
I've explored lyrical topics such as the factory farming industry, esoteric mysticism, and giant space worms.
5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Fight the Demiurge'?
In Gnosticism, the Demiurge is the tyrant god. The name means exactly what it says.
6.You have done this project mostly solo over the years but have worked with other band members before in the past, do you prefer working alone on this project?
I do. I have other projects that I collaborate with others on. FTD is my baby.
7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
I'd be interested in getting some more promotion, and a label could certainly help with that. I haven't been informed of any interest on the part of others though.
8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of brutal death metal?
Most people, from what I've heard, have reacted positively. Most can't believe I'm a woman, with vocals like mine, haha.
9.What is going on with the other musical projects these days that you are a part off?
Broken Anatomy – Funeral Doom. Currently starting to write the followup to The Lazarus Regret. My guitarist is currently on tour with his other band so it might be a bit. We're looking potentially at a late 2015 release.
Ennoea – Stoner Death/Doom. Debut album is released next month on Exalted Woe Records. Currently demoing songs for album 2.
Guttural Slug – Slam. Currently anticipating a December 2014 release of the new album.
10.Where do you see this project heading into musically during the future?
I have no idea. I don't ever plan my music out. I don't go into writing with a concrete idea. The music forms itself.
11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
As far as death metal, the usual. Suffocation, Dying Fetus, Devourment, Cerebral Bore.
I listen to a LOT of stoner metal though. Sleep, YOB, Dark Castle, OM, etc. Absolutely my favorite kind of music.
12.What are some of your non musical interests?
Non-musical interests? Those exist?? All kidding aside, I'm a UNIX Systems Administrator when I'm not busy with my guitar.
13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Not really. I have an album to get back to writing

No comments:

Post a Comment