Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Passion Of Our Souls Interview

1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Samuli: Hi! Yes, sure! We are "The Passion Of Our Souls" and we're coming from Finland. We both living in southern part of Finland, Julia is originally from the city called Hämeenlinna and I'm near Hämeenlinna, from municipality of Janakkala. Julia can tell a bit more.

Julia: Hi! Everything started when we met each others and began to carry out our passion for music. We do everything together in this project. It was a lazy sunday when Samuli asked me can I growl...and I was like, well I can try. I realized that it was easy for my voice and then we started to work with our first song called: Give me your soul. I wrote the lyrics while Samuli was composing the song. Singing melody we figured out together. We have done lot of music before, but I have only made and sang pop/rock songs. So this death metal singing is new for me :)


2.You have an ep coming out in March, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?

Julia: We decided that we want heavy sounds with pop style choruses. We wanted good drum sounds and low basses. We wanted that choruses are sung powerfully and high. And that there is contrast between verses and choruses. I'm studying my first year to become an audio engineer, but Samuli has mostly made the edits and mixes for us. Hopefully I can help then in the future when I graduate from my school :)

Samuli: I guess Julia said the main points. Heavy guitars, pop melodies and low and high growls and screams and clean catchy  choruses.


3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?

Samuli: Julia can answer better because she writes all the lyrics.

Julia: Yes, I have wrote all the lyrics and they all come from my own experiences and feelings. This EP is called soulmates and it tells about love and finding a true soulmate and finding a person who really understands what you want to do with your life. I want to write about love and share my words to all who are looking for it or have found it already. We are living hard times in this world, so I think it's important to share all the good things that we have and people should care more about the other people. It's very important to tell your feelings to your loved ones. Earlier I have wrote lyrics only in finnish language, so this is new for me. Also lyrics I wrote earlier are very melancholic, so this project is very important to me.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'The Passion Of Our Souls'?

Julia: When we met with Samuli, we found out we both are very passionated about music. We felt that we understand each others very well and that we want to do music together as a couple. So name "the passion of our souls" tells about our passion for music and love.

Samuli: Julia said it all.


5.You call your music 'melodic death-pop meal', do you feel you have created a new style of metal with your music?

Julia: Well, I haven't heard this kind of music style before. Some people have told us that this is not death metal, and I'm answering: yes, that's true, this is melodic death POP metal ...Hahah :D ...So the word Pop is important to notice. I don't know if we have created a new style in metal, but if we have, that's great :)

Samuli: Maybe it's not a new style, but I would say that we're doing that in our own way.
And at least I personally don't know any this kind of band in Finland.


6.Currently there are only 2 members in the band, are you planning on expanding your line up in the future or do you chose to remain a duo?

Julia: Yes, we are going to expand our line up in the future. But all the composing and other stuff like lyrics and sounds we want to do together with Samuli.

Samuli: Yes, . Composing and lyrics writing and so on works this way and goes better than well now, but thinking about the future..we will find musicians for live shows then when all are ready for that.


7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

Julia: Right now we do all by ourselves. I think that it's working for us very well and we are very hard workers for our passion.

Samuli: Like Julia said we do all by ourselves, but if we would get some offers from labels..or if they would be interested about us...we would be happy to see what they can offer.


8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of melodic death metal?

Julia: We have had positive feedback. I think that everyone has not realised that it's me who does all the growls in this band :D many people thinks that it's Samuli, but no, it's me :) I have had good feedback about the growls, clean singing parts and lyrics, so I'm very happy. And we have been in many news all over the world, so I hope that people will find us and our music :)

Samuli: Yes, somehow people think that it's a guy who does growls, but no, It's Julia who does all the vocals. As far we've seen...feedback has been nice and we are happy about getting feedback.


9.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Samuli: Musically it will follow the same paths.. more catchy pop choruses and more heavy riffs.

Julia: We start to make more songs right away when EP comes out. And release a full album hopefully this year. We keep our own style and do this project because we love to do it together and that is the best part of it. We keep our minds open and try to learn more from music everyday. Hopefully we can do shows soon in the future.


10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Julia: I listen lot of different genres...pop, rock, folk, metal, classic, everything if the song is good :)
Most influence that I have comes from Finnish writers and poets. There is so many great bands that I have got influence. But I still try to do what works best for my voice and not try to copy anyone. Just working with my voice that I have.

Samuli: Same as Julia...lot of different genres, but I love soundtracks and metal music mainly. What comes to influences..it's all the things that I experience all the time and ideas just comes somewhere to my mind.


11.What are some of your non musical interests?

Julia: Well, everything I do has basically something to do with music right now. Because I study music. But I also write quite a lot and I like to eat food that Samuli cooks for me :D!!

Samuli: Yes I cook for her.. :D Non musical interests is difficult, because there is always music in everything we do.


12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Julia: I hope that we can bring metal music to pop/rock fans and pop music to metal fans. That everyone could listen to our music. Hopefully my growls doesn't scare you :D I'm just a girl with a loud voice :D Thank you for reading our interview :))

Samuli: Thanks for the interview and remember to pre-order album from https://thepassionofoursouls.bandcamp.com and check/subscribe to our official channels/pages.
FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/ThePassionOfOurSouls
YOUTUBE:
www.youtube.com/user/ThePassionOfOurSouls
TWITTER:
https://twitter.com/passionofours
SOUNDCLOUD:
https://soundcloud.com/thepassionofoursouls
REVERBNATION:
www.reverbnation.com/thepassionofoursouls
TUMBLR:
http://thepassionofoursouls.tumblr.com/
BANDCAMP:
https://thepassionofoursouls.bandcamp.com
BANDPAGE:
https://thepassionofoursouls.bandpage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment